Tuesday, February 10, 2009

a word...

A dear friend just brought us a poem that the Lord gave her for renovate at the beginning of the year and just hadn't been able to get it to us until now. As you read it, I think you will hear the confirmation of all that we said in the last prayer event.

A new day has dawned, a corner is turned.
A time to bring forth of all you have learned.

A path lies ahead that is steady and sure,
With roots that run deep and fruit that endures.

It's a land of much beauty, grace and delight
Full of rich treasures, teaming with light.

A haven of safety for those who are scarred,
A place where they're welcomed just as they are.

A home for the weary, where they can find rest
And won't be condemned when they've failed a test.

An oasis of sorts in a land that is dry,
Where I'll cradle the lowly and lift them on high.

A city of refuge to many - a port,
To others - a schoolyard, to some - a resort.

Some tender shoots will require much care,
But strong trees they'll be and much weight they will bear.

The blessings of unity will rain down as showers.
A deluge of mercy, wisdom and power.

Each step of your journey has been by design
I've called you and chosen you, handpicked you as mine.

For my heart beats with passion for the wounded, the lame
The burdened, the hurting who still bear my name.

A new love for others will spring forth from within.
You'll open your arms to those covered in sin.

The "could haves" and "should haves" with which they've been bruised
Shall be buried forever as you walk in their shoes.

For I never "look down" though I'm so far above,
But I walk alongside and I cover in love.

I've called you to be those who will show me as such,
A God who comes near and is willing to touch.

There is no provision that I'll not create,
To reach those for whom I've designed renovate.

New dreams I will give you, new doors will unlock.
New strength will infuse you, in new realms you'll walk.

The trail I've blazed will continue to shine
Brighter and brighter in 2009.

No comments: