Thursday, February 25, 2010

Day 10 - Friday

Day 10

 

"Surely you desire truth in the inner parts; you teach me wisdom in the inmost place." Psalm 51:6 (NIV)

 

Here the Psalmist tells us that God desires for us to have truth in our "inner" or inward parts.  This speaks to me that God desires us to know and experience truth not only outwardly or on the surface, but also from the depths of our being.

 

Jesus called the Pharisees who taught one thing, but lived another: "hypocrites."  This word in the original Greek simply means "play actor" and denotes someone playing a role.  A person who holds one belief about himself or others, but practices another is not "whole."  God desires for us to be whole people, not divided into fragments based on who we are with today and what is expected from us tomorrow. 

 

When what we believe, say and do all align and come into agreement together, we call it integrity.  In fact, one definition of the word, integrity, is "the quality or condition of being whole or undivided; completeness." 

 

With the belt of truth, God helps us to live out of a true understanding of who we are in him.  His word, the Bible, gives us these pictures of who we are in Christ.  What are some of those truths that will make us whole?  Here are just a couple, but I challenge you to search the scripture for more (and there are many, many more):

 

I am complete in Christ. – Colossians 2:9-10

I am free from any condemnation brought against me and I cannot be separated from the love of God. – Romans 8:31-39

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. – Philippians 4:13

 

As we take the word and surround ourselves in its truth, we will find ourselves becoming more and more whole.  Our inner and outer lives will align and we will be a testimony to those around us, those we work beside and with whom we share our lives.

 
Prayer:  "Holy Spirit of God, lead me into all truth and show me your wisdom.  Let me learn who I am in you and let me know how you see me.  Teach me wisdom in the inmost place of my heart.  In Christ I pray, Amen."

No comments: