Sunday, February 28, 2010

Day 12 - Sunday

Day 12

 

If there was ever any truth that we need to survive, if there was ever any truth that can protect us, if there was ever any truth that overwhelms all others, it is this: we are loved by God.  If that statement is hyperbole, read what Paul said about Christ's love:

 

"I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith.  And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord's people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."  (Ephesians 3:16-19, emphasis mine.)

 

Indwelling knowledge is that which finds itself in our hearts rather than just our minds.  Notice that Paul prays we'll be strengthened in our inner being.  This is that deep seated place of our heart where we "know that we know."  This is the epitome of experiential knowledge. 

 

It is this revelation of the love of God that will protect us, give us power and authority to live victoriously in this world.  I pray today, as Paul did that you and I will meet and know you are truly loved unconditionally by God today.  God will never love you more than He does right now, nor will he ever love you less.  Nothing you can do will ever change his opinion of you or his love for you.  Rest in his love for you today. 

 

Prayer:  "God, I choose today to believe and trust in your love for me.  I choose to rest in your love and believe that you will surround me in your grace this day and forever.  In Jesus I pray, Amen."

No comments: