Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 22 - Wednesday

Day 22

 

"For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace…" Isaiah 55:12 (KJV)

 

"So you'll go out in joy, you'll be led into a whole and complete life..." Isaiah 55:12 (TMSG)

 

Whenever we think of our feet, our mind naturally moves toward walking, moving, running or traveling.  Our lives are often compared to a journey.  We are sojourners in this life. 

 

How many times in our journey do we find it hard to walk down the roads that present themselves before us?  It is part of the human experience that we share in suffering and healing, joy and pain.  There are the "good and bad days." 

 

God never promised us that life would be perfect.  In fact, he told us that life wouldn't be easy, but left us with the promise of his participation in our lives:

 

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."  John 16:33 (NIV)

 

"I give you peace, the kind of peace that only I can give. It isn't like the peace that this world can give. So don't be worried or afraid." John 14:27 (NIV)

 

We are never alone.  Jesus, who has overcome the world, walks with us.  Not only can we cover our feet and walk in peace, but Jesus, the Prince of Peace, is walking with us.  This is found in relationship with God, a trust we have in the giver of peace.

 

These shoes wrapped in peace and wholeness will give us the ability to walk through the rough terrain of our lives.  This "piece" of the armor, working with the righteousness and truth of God we already are wearing, will propel us to scale higher heights than we could believe.  As we face the trials of the rough days, let us lean into and trust our "trail guide," the Prince of Peace, who will lead us forth in peace and joy.

 

Prayer:  "Prince of Peace, I pray that you will walk with me down the roads of life that lay before me.  I thank you for leading me in your peace and never leaving my side.  In Your name, Amen."

 

No comments: