Saturday, March 13, 2010

Day 26 - Sunday

Day 26

 

"And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;" Ephesians 6:15

I can count a million times, People asking me how I
Can praise You with all that I've gone through
The question just amazes me, Can circumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in You
Maybe since my life was changed, Long before these rainy days
It's never really ever crossed my mind, To turn my back on you, oh Lord
My only shelter from the storm, But instead I draw closer through these times
So I pray

Bring me joy, bring me peace, Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days, When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You, Jesus, bring the rain

(MercyMe's "Bring the Rain")

 

As we close our look at our shoes of peace, I wanted to share some of the lyrics of the above song, because I believe it speaks to one other part of peace.  Paul says our feet should be shod with the "preparation of the Gospel of peace."  In other words, our walk or journey in life should be constantly prepared by peace.  Does this mean we will never encounter fear or pain or trouble?  Of course not, but peace will guard us in these times, by preparing us.

 

Peace is an attribute of the Savior.  He is called the Prince of Peace.  It is also one of the fruit of the Spirit.  It grows in us the closer we grow to God.  And he desires to let this peace be preparation for our lives.  If we will allow the peace of God to replace worry and fear at the center of our lives, we will find that we can be prepared to walk through any storm and any surprise. 

 

The question will be: can we trust him?  Yes, I will choose to trust him and praise him even in the storms of life, because I choose to walk in his peace.

 

Prayer:  "Prince of Peace, I choose to follow you through every storm and trial of life.  I thank you that you prepare me for my journey and never leave me while on my walk in this world.  Thank you for my feet being covered in the preparation of peace that comes from the Gospel.  In Christ name, Amen."

No comments: